Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Entry 5/25/2010

The last time I weighed at the gym, Saturday 5/22 - 3 days ago, I weighed 224 lbs.. That was down 5.5 lbs from my weight of 229.5 on 5/2. That's roughly 1.8 lbs per week which is a healthy rate of loss. I'm pleased with that.

I have consistently followed the dieting and exercise regimen which is contained in recent post. I won't re-write them here. What appears to have me losing at a more steady rate now instead of the more fluctuating trend in previous years is the almost exclusion of bread products and elimination of overexercise for my age. I'm losing more consistently week to week and I feel better.

Tip: Exercise before breakfast. Your blood sugar is low and your body is more likely to need to convert fat into energy.

Do as I say not as I do. I'm not a morning person. I consider it an extremely difficult exercise to move my right leg to the side of the bed and put my foot on the floor. Then I stumble to the kitchen for coffee and get something to eat as quickly as possible.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

1.8 is very good. We always tell people 1.5 is a good goal. I have people tell me they want to lose 49 pounds in 2 months. I want to laugh but I tell them it is not realistic. I know what you mean about exercise in the am. I know it is the best time but I also am not a morning person. thanks for the reminder about the blog.

Anonymous said...

sorry cousin. I forgot my password.

google-site-verification: google6c814d78054d23fc.html