Saturday, March 26, 2011

Entry 3/26/2011

Weighed 223.4 today in shorts T-shirt and shoes. I've lost 21.6 lbs since Jan. 31. That's when we started the "Lard-Off" contest at the office. (see older post) Been losing steadily.

I have been on low-carbs since Janurary. Wasn't paying that much attention to the fats. my Cholesterol was LDL 107 and HDL 40 as of my physical last May. For the past 4 years my Cholesterol has been normal. Before it was not. Through exercise low carbs and daily intake of omega 3,mainly through fish oil capsules and walnuts, I am able to keep it in the normal range. I want to get my LDL below 100 and get the HDL up to at least 41. I've been lowering my fat intake. The only meat I eat is turkey, chicken and fish. Have cut out almost all red meat. Recently I've cut down on white meat. I will never be a vegetarian and I will eat a steak every now and then, but I haven't had one in 3 months at least.

Lifted weights today. If you look at the older post you'll see details of my exercise schedule. In summary I walk/jog 2 days and lift weights on the 3rd day. Rarely miss a day. If I do, I do the exercise I was suppose to do the day before.

No comments:

google-site-verification: google6c814d78054d23fc.html