Monday, October 5, 2009

Entry 10/5/2009

Weight: 230 lbs.

Breakfast: 1.5 oz. cheddar cheese. Half cup of Special K with quarter cup of skim milk. Danon yogurt.

Snack: Apple

Lunch: Thigh and drumstick grilled chicken, beans,grilled veggies, half cup pico de gallo, diet coke.

Snack: 1 square 86% cocoa chocolate bar.

Dinner: Canned salmon, steam broccoli,cauliflower,squash (1 cup total) 8 oz buttermilk. I like buttermilk plus it has beneficial bacteria for healthy colon flora which helps reduce free radicals and prevent colon cancer.

Exercise: 1hr 1 min weight lifting 20 minute cool down walk. Avg pulse rate 116 bpm max 141 bpm.

Walking 1 to 2 miles 2 to 3 times spread evenly through the day at a moderate pace is excellent fat burning exercise. It keeps the metabolism revved up.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi i am 22 years old ..and my weight is 57kgs my height is 5feet 4 inch..i want my belly look flat..i do treadmill 1 hour per day (3.1 miles speed).Is that enough?my breakfast-1 cup cereal ,my lunch is i cup boiled rice and 1/2 cup boiled lenthil and my dinner is 1 cup boiled rice & 1 cup buttermilk..no snak at all...my belly just started getting bigger...how long will it take to reduce my total belly?

Jerry said...

Ammu you are only getting about 700 calories per day. That is half of what you need. If you reduce your calorie intake too much, your body will react by slowing down your metabolism. I hope you are not eating this everyday. You need to add variety. I avoid white rice because it has a high glycemic index, it is converted to energy quickly. When I eat rice it is brown whole grain not refined. You should add fish, fruit, nuts (preferably walnuts or almonds)

Your Body mass index is 21 which is very healthy. You should not go below 110 lbs.

You are burning about 190 calories on the treadmill. That is plenty of exercise.

You can't spot reduce. You can't do anything to just lose weight in your belly. Where you carry your fat is determined my your genes. You won't be able to change that.

If you are carrying most of your weight in your belly losing another 15 pounds will make a big difference in its appearance. If you lose at the healthy rate of 2-3 pounds a week, it will take you 5-8 weeks to get down to 110.

You might also include some sit-ups and leg raise to tone your abdomen. This will help a small amount to flatten your stomach.

Again, I think your problem is that you are not getting enough calories. You should be consuming at least 1400 per day.

Hope this helps. Feel free to ask me anything.

Anonymous said...

Thanks for your quick reply jerry..i followed th same ood routine everydy..i dont eat meat and eggs..i am pure vegeterian..will you specifically tell any vegeterian diet /so that ill follow those..

google-site-verification: google6c814d78054d23fc.html