Saturday, November 1, 2008

Entry 10/31/08

Weight:

221 lbs. I haven't been exercising for the past 10 days. Went out of town to visit my mom who was had been in the hospital for a few days.

At 61 I've found that if I don't exercise I have to track my calorie intake very closely. Over the past 10 days I've not taken the time to do either. That happens. During times like this, I try to be conscious of my diet and try to walk a little further than I need too and do little things like curl the gallon milk jug a few times before putting it back in the fridge, do a few squats, pick up the dumbbell in my office and do a few exercises with it. But now that I'm older I really have to be vigilant about my eating and exercise habits.

I've had to deal with depression all my adult life and diet, exercise and nutrition are important tools in fighting it. When I get off track I have to make sure I don't let things get too far out of hand. I have to forget about things like putting in extra hours at work to catch up and raise exercise to a higher priority. I know how important it is to get in at least a 20 minute work out each day but I'm like everyone else - I get in a cycle of indifference and bad habits.

“Motivation is what gets you started. Habit is what keeps you going.” Jim Ryun

No comments:

google-site-verification: google6c814d78054d23fc.html