Sunday, January 29, 2012

Entry 1/28/2012

Weight: Didn't weigh

Exercise:: None today. 1st day I've missed in two weeks. An occasional rest to let the ole body rest is not a bad idea. That's not the reason I didn't exercise. A a  15 minute leisurely walk on a rest day would probably be better.

Breakfast: 2 egg whites, Salsa, piece of whole wheat toast. Coffee with 3 tsp Creamer and 3 tsp Splenda.

Lunch: Potted meat sandwich on white bread with mayonnaise. Weird huh? There are some days I crave a potted meat sandwich. When I do, there's nothing else I would rather have. Not a steak, Lobster, not anything. Maybe its a sub concious thing from my childhood. I Remember how good they tasted when my dad and would finally stop to eat after a morning of fishing. I would be so caught up in fishing.  Then about noon it would hit me - "I'm starving ". We'd usually eat a potted meat sandwich or sardines in the boat.

It's ok to give in to a craving every once in a while. Just limit it to once or twice a week. Go right back to eating healthy. and counting calories.

Snack: 10 walnut halves

Dinner:: Ate at Gloria's, a Salvadoran restaurant. About 20 chips with a small bowl of  bean dip and 2 bowls of salsa. The bean and salsa not  so bad, but the Chips were a terrible choice. Would have been a "better bad" choice if I had ordered some corn tortillas for the bean dip and salsa. Carne Apodada (about 10 ounces of marinated Skirt Steak) and black rice and two fried Plantains. 

Snack: Potted meat sandwich. LOL! Bowl of Campbell's tomato bisque soup beer. I was bad today! :) That happens when I don't exercise. Something about the endorphins from exercise that help control the appetite. Noticed more of a correlation in this as I've gotten older.

Heard another reason to drink 4 or more cups of coffee a day. Many studies that it helps prevent type 2 diabetes. Researchers from Huazhong University of Science and Technology, Wuhan University, and Wuhan Institute of Biotechnology in China have cited the protective benefits of compounds in coffee that inhibit a substance called human islet amyloid polypeptide (hIAPP), which has been linked to diabetes, stated science and health news website Science Daily last week in a report on the new study. The study appears in the latest issue of the Journal of Agricultural & Food. hIAPP also is linked to Alzheimers.

Along with help in preventing prostate and colon cancer in men, and breast cancer in women this new discovery is why I'm upping my coffee intake. Those that are borderline Type 2 diabetic have to be careful of caffeine intake. However, good news,  decaf coffee has the beneficial compound as well.

No comments:

google-site-verification: google6c814d78054d23fc.html