Friday, March 27, 2009

Entry: 3/27/09

Weight: 233.5 lbs. I haven't exercised in the last 5 days so therefore I haven't lost any weight. At least for me, exercise is essential if I'm going to lose weight. When I was younger this was not the case. I could modify my eating habits and lose. I even bought into the diet psychology and would lose and maintain for awhile only to go off the "diet" and gain the weight back. Successful weight loss and management,barring some physical problem like diabetes or thyroid dysfunction, is a combination of psychology, exercise and eating habits (not dieting). Some people try to modify their eating habits and have mixed success because they don't exercise. Some think all they have to do is exercise and they don't pay proper attention to how they eat. Exercise and diet effects psychology and psychology determines our motivation to exercise and eat right. They are all inseparably dependent on each other. I have to pay attention to all three to achieve success.

I'm glad to hear that Phil, one of the regular readers of my blog, had a good report on his blood work, cholesterol included, and physical. It appears he is doing a good job of exercising and eating right. Way to go Phil! BTW he says he has incorporated walnuts as a snack in his diet.

Breakfast: Slice of American cheese on whole wheat toast and All-bran cereal with cup of whole milk. One fish oil capsule and vitamin. Cup of coffee with creamer and sweetener. Eight O'clock Colombian coffee beat out Starbucks, Dunkin Donuts and all other coffees in a recent taste test. Just their Colombian.

Lunch: Had a craving for Kentucky Fried Chicken Original. Ordered 3 thighs with coleslaw. Only ate the top crust off the biscuit. Diet Dr. Pepper. I could have done worse but sure could have chosen better. When I have a craving like this one of my favorite lines from the Desiderata comes to mind: "Beyond a wholesome discipline,
be gentle with yourself".

Dinner: Taco Bueno nacho salad and taco. If it were not for the chips this wouldn't be a bad choice. But if a from had wings! Bueno is very close to my office so I tend to eat there a lot.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanx for the daily entry.Laot my job yesterday and binged last night so your words helped me today. Keep em comming.

Jerry said...

Anonymous,

I'm sorry about your job. I have been there and that is very stressful. Don't feel bad about bingeing. You can go back to worrying about your weight in few days. I'll be praying you find another opportunity soon. Sometimes losing your job can be the best thing that happens to you.

Phil said...

Anon.....I am also sorry about the loss of a job. My son lost his job earlier this year and good news came out of it. He moved from New York to Nashville. He has a new job and looks like a new band. He would never have left if not for the loss. Also my son-in-law lost his job at about the same time. He is back with the same company but a big loss in salary. I hope things will turn out great for you and I will be praying also. Don't worry about the over eating. You needed comfort from somewhere.

google-site-verification: google6c814d78054d23fc.html