Monday, March 30, 2009

Entry 3/29/09

Weight: 234 lbs.

Breakfast: Two fried eggs (canola oil), two slices whole wheat toast with tiny bit of strawberry preserve, and cup of coffee with creamer and sweetener

Lunch: Sardines with Franks Red Hot sauce. Hush ....hold your nose and eat them. They are high on omega 3. I was introduced to them at very young age when I would go fishing with my dad. They were delicious after being on the lake all morning.

Dinner: 8 oz white fish and cole slaw. Diet Pepsi

Exercise: Walked/jogged 2.26 miles in 36 mins 49 seconds, avg Heart Rate 119 bpm, Max HR 155 bpm. Burned approximately 280 calories. If you don't have a heart rate monitor count your pulse for 15 seconds and multiply by 4. You can count for 12 seconds and multiply by 5, 10 seconds and multiply by 6 and so forth. However the shorter the counting period the less accurate the measurement. A heart monitor is so much easier. It's hard for me to count while I'm moving. Once you get in good shape your pulse will decrease quickly as soon as you stop your exercise. A heart monitor will capture the exact rate at any point but if you stop to count you may be off a bit.

1 comment:

Phil said...

I had forgotten how much my daddy liked the sardines also. I couldn't stand them as a child but I like them now but with mustard instead of the hot stuff. Hard for me to eat anything very hot. I have the dreaded BMS (Burning Mouth Syndrome). Anyone that can come up with a cure, I will gladly pay big bucks. I have tried just about everything. Oh well, doctors say it will never kill me. Later!

google-site-verification: google6c814d78054d23fc.html