Friday, December 19, 2008

Entry 12/19/2008

Be sure to read the basic of weight loss in the sidebar. Remember- do as I say, not as I do.

Fats and carbohydrates are usually the key targets when reducing calories; however it’s still important to have these in your diet, so when making reductions make sure that you reduce carbohydrates containing simple sugars such as glucose, maltose and sucrose. These are the ones you will find in sweets, cakes, biscuits, white breads and other processed foods. Eating this type of food will cause a rapid increase in blood sugar levels which in turn causes insulin spikes. Excess insulin promotes fat storage and this is something you want to avoid. It’s important that when eating carbohydrates they are of the complex kind such as brown rice, root vegetables, whole meal pasta and oatmeal. This will prevent insulin spike and stabilize your blood sugar level.

Weight: 232 lbs. I've got to get back on my regular exercise program. I'm also going to schedule a doctor's appointment to have my thyroid checked. Even when I was exercising and eating correctly I didn't have the energy that I use to have in my younger days. It may be age related but I'm gonna get checked out.

Breakfast: Oatmeal, slice of toast and coffee.

Lunch: Long John Silver number 7 - 2 pieces of fried fish, cole slaw instead of fries, Diet Pepsi. It was quick that's why. A better bad choice.

Snack: 5 cookies with a Hershey's Kiss melted in the middle. I only ate them because chocolate is an antioxidant! A Christmas gift from an associate. His wife made the cookies. At least I didn't eat the whole tin.

Dinner: With my wonderful wife (she resds this blog) . Chili's hot wings and salad, iced tea. Then she drug me to Target and Wal-mart which I hate! Oh. well to keep the peace!

No comments:

google-site-verification: google6c814d78054d23fc.html