Friday, December 26, 2008

Entry 12/26/2008

Weight: 236 lbs. ok...time for the yo-yo to start down. I've got to get serious.

Breakfast: Poached egg, slice of whole wheat toast, coffee with cream.

Lunch: 6 oz Turkey, water

Lupper: cup of steamed broccoli, cauliflower and carrot mixed, 6 oz. buttermilk

Dinner: Turkey sandwich, 6 oz. buttermilk

Exercise: Walked 2.23 miles, in 36 min 16 sec.,Avg speed 3.7 mph. Max speed 5.2 mph, Avg Heart Rate 104 beats per minute, Max Hr 127 bpm, calories 254. All measurements were made by my Garmin Forerunner 405. I wear it on my wrist. The wrist unit contains a GPS receiver and the Heart Rate monitor is a strap that goes around my chest. Their charting software shows a chart of several physical measures and a diagram of the course I cover. I can move the cursor along the chart and see where on the course the coresponding measuremen, such as heart rate, was made. This is the first serious exercise I've done in a month so I started out slow. In my younger days I probably would have gone to me max and put up with any soreness the next day. However as I age, I want to be careful and not injure any joints.

Todays high temperature was 81 degrees, a record for the area. Last week we had highs in the low 30's. That's DFW area weather. I'm much more motivated when I can workout outside. When it gets cooler next week I'll take it back into the gym. Now that Christmas is behind me maybe I can stay better motivated to workout at least 5 times a week. That is the only way I can manage my weight now that I'm older.

No comments:

google-site-verification: google6c814d78054d23fc.html