Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Entry 4/14/09

Weight: 232.5 lbs.

Breakfast: Two fried eggs, sausage patty, 2 slices whole wheat toast. Coffee with creamer and sweetener. Capsule of omega 3 and Alpha Lipoic Acid (antioxidant) and vitamin. Two peanuts ( bag was setting out)surprised I didn't eat more its hard for me to eat just one. That's the way weight management gets sabotaged.

Lunch: Six oz. salmon and steamed vegetables (sugar snap peas, potatoes, and red peppers). One food I try to avoid is white potatoes but there was only a few. Will try to avoid any more carbs for the day. The worst diet is lots of carbs and fats. The 2nd worst is little protein and lots of carbs, 3rd protein and carbs. Better diet consist of protein,fats and little carbs, and best is high protien, low fats and little carbs (less than 50 grams). Carbs should come from low glycemic (index lower than 55)sources.

Snack: 10 walnuts

Dinner: 4 oz. turkey and 8 oz. skim milk. Too many carbs at dinner decrease growth hormones which is important for cell repair and muscle growth that occurs primarily while asleep.

Exercise: Went to the gym and lifted weights. It's been over a month so I dropped weight on each exercise about 10-15 lbs and shortened workout to 33 minutes by cutting out some of the upper body exercises. I always get in a good leg and back workout. That's were the largest muscles are located. Also do some abdomen work to balance the back muscles for proper spine alignment. I could really tell its been awhile. I thought I was going to pass out when I finished the leg presses. I walk after I lift until my heart rate gets back to about 65% then I stretch. Its just as important to bring the heart rate down slowly as it is to increase it slowly. It took about 10 minutes to recover tonight. My avg heart rate during the workout was 117 bpm and max was 142 bpm. I try to move quick enough from exercise to exercise to keep my HR above 112 bpm, 65% of max HR for my age.

No comments:

google-site-verification: google6c814d78054d23fc.html