Thursday, April 16, 2009

Entry 4/16/09

Weight: 231.5 lbs. The muscle growth and recovery of glycogen stores from the weight session two days ago could account for at least .5 lbs. Remember I use a 4 day average to identify a trend in fat loss. Didn't get to exercise yesterday because I went to a Tea Party.

Breakfast: Two eggs fried in canola oil, 2 slices of whole wheat toast cup of coffe with creamer and sweetener. The usual Omega 3 fish oil capsule, Alpha Lipoic Acid capsule and vitamin.

Snack: 8 blueberries. Someone got into my blueberries that is all that was left.

Lunch: Five oz. turkey, creamed spinach, and green beans. Water with lemon to drink.

Snack: About 10 walnuts. I usually don't eat that many but they tasted good. I started buying Diamond brand about 6 months ago. I used to buy the grocery store flat packs that are shrink wrapped but by spring of the year you get a lot of stale ones in them. The Diamond always stay fresh. They may have some preservatives in them. Oh well I'm not going to worry about that.

Dinner: 4 oz Salmon steak, green beans with teaspoon of margarine. The margarine doesn't concern me because my cholesterol is very good. If you have a problem you may want to eliminate it. I attribute my good cholesterol and triglyceride levels to a high protein, low carb diet and including more omega 3 among and some other minor modifications. I was always a little over border line levels before making those changes.

Exercise: Walked/Jogged 2.23 miles in 36:08 minutes,4:30 minutes of that is a cool down section. Max heart rate 156 beats/minute, Avg was 126 bpm. I'm above 90% (144 bpm) of my max heart rate (160bpm) for about 6 min. 15 seconds. I spike up above 150bpm for about 1 minute. If you are older and have not had a recent EKG I recommend you not get over 80% of your max heart rate.

No comments:

google-site-verification: google6c814d78054d23fc.html