Friday, January 16, 2009

Entry 01/16/09

Weight: 236lbs..... I forgot to weigh before eating breakfast as I usually do. This is a half pound gain from yesterday. Breakfast and 2 cups of coffee. Two cups of coffee weighs approximately 1 pound. (A gallon of water weighs weighs 8.3 pounds. There is 16 cups in a gallon. 8.3 lbs divided by is 16 cups is approximately .5 lbs. 2 cups = 1 pound). I have worked out with weights 2 days this week so I should have gained a little muscle which weighs more than fat for the same volume. This is confirmed somewhat by my 38 in. waist pants fit slightly looser yesterday. So my point in all this is that I am not alarmed that I weighed more today.

Breakfast: Two fried eggs in margarine, 2 slices of toast with a little strawberry jam and margarize, 10 blueberries. 2 cups of coffee with half & half. If you have more motivation to lose weight you should fry your eggs in a little canola oil spray and leave the strawberry jam and margarine off your toast.

In planning your meals I would suggest going to mypyramid.gov . It is a free site. There you can determine how may calories you need to eat each day how many calories in each food. Look in the sidebar of this blog under "Basics" to determine how many calories you need reduce to lose fat. Remember cutting out too many calories can produce the opposite result.

No comments:

google-site-verification: google6c814d78054d23fc.html