Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Entry 01/20/09

Weight: 235 lbs.

Breakfast: Four slices of Turkey bacon, 2 fried eggs, 1 slice of cheese toast, 2 cups of coffer with creamer & sweetener. 2 capsules of fish oil, Centrum Senior multivitamin, Resvinatrol (antioxidant) and Joint Care (sometimes I don't mention them but I usually take these supplements every morning).

Lunch: Turkey sandwich made with 3 oz. Turkey, tablespoon of mayonaise & mustard, green salad with tablespoon of Ranch dressing and a diet Fresca.

Dinner: Green salad with chicken breat and Ranch dressing. Had Lipton Diet Citrus flavored Green Tea. Ate late which is not good idea for weight management. The reason I ate late was because I went to the gym and worked out.

Exercise: Lifted weights for 45 minutes, with a 5 minute warm up and 15 min. cool down walk and stretch. Always stretch after working with weight. It not only improves flexibility but will reduce soreness in the following days. My Garmin Forerunner 405 record 139 beats per minute peak heart rate and an average 109 bpm. As I've mentioned before 103 bpm is the lower end of the fat burning range for me with 119 bpm the upper end. Weight lifting can be an aerobic workout if you move from exercise to exercise quickly. This can compromise your muscle gain because you can't max out the lifted weight. I compromise by letting my pulse rate fall to 112 bpm before starting the next exercise.

No comments:

google-site-verification: google6c814d78054d23fc.html