Friday, January 23, 2009

Entry 1/23/09

Weight: 235 lbs. Weighed 233.5 yesterday. I took an antihistomine last night. I've never tracked my weight this close while taking them so I don't know if that causes me to retain water. I'll do some research on that. My scale rounds off every 1/2 lb so it may be that I was on the high end of 233.5 yesterday and the high end of 234.5 today.

Breakfast: 3 strips of Turkey bacon, 2 fried eggs, 2 slices of whole wheat taste. Coffee with creamer, sweetener and tbsp of cocoa, 2 fish oil capsules, multivitamin, Dhea tablet.

Lunch: Grilled chicken thigh and leg, grilled vegetables, beans, pica de gallo and diet coke,

Snack: 8 walnuts. I try to have a healthy snack 2-3 times a day. It keeps the metabolism revved up and reduces the tendency to overeat at meal times. Overeating causes the blood sugar to peak and contributes to Type 2 diabetes if it occurs on a repeated basis. Ideally splitting 3 meals into 6 is the best way to eat but for me it's hard to put into practice on a consistent basis. I eat a lot of walnuts, more than I should, because I like them and they are an excellent source of omega 3. The fat in them reduces my appetite. Even though omega 3 is the good fat it is still fat and has calories. You must account for them in your daily total.

Dinner: 6 oz. blackened grilled salmon on rice (I ate only a teaspoon of rice), steamed broccoli and green beans. Iced tea with sweetener to drink.

Exercise: Was going to the gym and lift weights but I forgot to bring my shoes. I'll do it tomorrow. I'm really trying to get a workout in every other day.

No comments:

google-site-verification: google6c814d78054d23fc.html