Thursday, January 22, 2009

Entry 01/22/09

Weight: 233.5 lbs Weighed 234 yesterday

Breakfast: Cup of All Bran with 4oz. skim milk, cup of coffee with creamer, sweetener and tspn of cocoa. Only 1 fish oil capsule. If I eat a very low fat breakfast, I only take one fish oil with breakfast. I take the other capsule at lunch, when I usually eat something with fat in it.

I haven't mentioned in my recent blogs that I also take a DHEA tablet each morning. The research is mixed on DHEA. Natural DHEA levels decrease as we get older. I haven't read anything that suggest any negative results of supplementing it. Some studies suggest it increases the testosterone levels which helps in muscle growth and reduces susceptibility to depression. When I run out of my present supply I probably won't replace it unless I notice a significant difference.

Snack: 5 walnuts.

Lunch: 3 oz turkey sandwich with slice of American cheese, 1 oz sharp cheddar cheese, tbsp of mayo, mustard on whole wheat bread. 6 oz. skim milk.

Dinner: Chicken breast fried in Canola Oil, steamed vegetables, slice of whole wheat with margarine (better to leave off the margarine if you can).

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

That's 3.5 lbs in about 4 or 5 days, that's pretty good!

Anonymous said...

I have been fighting the "bulge" for some time as well. Seems like once I got out of the Marines, the belly took off.

My biggest concern right now is actually my wife. She is overweight and was diagnosed with diabetes. I am using that as an opportunity to change my diet as well. Gave away all my items with sugar, white flour, and anything else that is on the "no no" list.

I will tell you, it is hard and I am going through withdrawls... and she has finally stopped being "Uber-Witch", but we have both started dropping weight... slowly, but it is happening.

Jerry said...

Hi Samuel, Its good to hear you're losing weight. That's your reward for supporting your wife. It's real important for those you live with to refrain from bringing empty calorie foods into the home.

You guys probably only eat low glycemic foods which is not only necessary for diabetics but is very helpful for anyone managing weight. Exercise is real important for diabetics also. I have a friend that doesn't do a good job of watching what he eats but he faithfully walks 2 miles three times a day. That brought his Type 2 diabetes under control without any medication.

You probably exercised more in the Marines than you do now. Also you're older. I started haven't problems managing my weight in my early and it got more difficult each passing year. I can't lose weight without at least 30 minutes of exercise 4-5 days a week.

Thank you for your service in the Marines!

I went to your blog. It is very well laid out. You are a very good writer. Those observations at the check-out counter are very funny.

google-site-verification: google6c814d78054d23fc.html