Friday, February 27, 2009

Entry 02/27/09

Weight: 233.5 lbs. That is a 1.5 lb loss from yesterday. The fat loss is probably about .25 pounds. The rest is glycogen and water loss. I sweated a lot last night. I'll probably workout with weights today and rest either tomorrow or Sunday. After the day of rest I'll have a better idea of how much fat I have lost over the week. My glycogen will be restored to normal levels. I mention all this because it illustrate how wildly our weight can fluctuate from day to day, how over-training without rest can mislead one to think they are losing a lot of fat and finally the importance of getting plenty of water. Sixty-four ounces a day, spread evenly throughout the day, is the MINIMUM amount of water anyone should consume. If you are overweight you should consume an extra 8 ounces for every 25 lbs that you are over weight. If you exercise that means EXTRA water above these MINIMUMS.

Breakfast: Two ounces of cheddar cheese, 2 slices of whole wheat toast, coffee with creamer and sweetener. Two fish oil capsules, vitamin, and 1 DHEA tablet.

Snack: Bowl of Special K with about an oz. of milk, 10 blueberries, 2 walnuts

Lunch: Turkey (3 slices)sandwich on whole wheat bread and 6 oz. of Soy milk.

Snack: Twenty blueberries, 4 walnuts.

Dinner: Tuna salad with mayonaise (tbspn), one egg on whole wheat with a slice of cheese and 6 oz. of Soy milk.

Exercise: I was getting dressed to lift weights but I mistakenly picked up a tank top. The gym does not allow tank tops. Well ok, I needed the rest anyway. Maybe I'll get the workout in tomorrow. A cold front came through today so I won't be walking tomorrow. I'm such a whus!(is that the way it's spelled?)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the motivation. You sound very dedicated to your weight loss and I wish you well. It is so hard to shed those extra pounds, especially as we get older.

google-site-verification: google6c814d78054d23fc.html