Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Entry 2/24/09

Weight: 234.5 lbs Lost 1 lb from yesterday. Most of this is probably glycogen (energy stores) loss, since I worked out last night. It's hard to guess how much fat I lost but taking a stab at it, I would say .25 lbs at the most.

Breakfast: Sausage patty, 2 fried eggs, 2 sugar-free whole grain toast, and coffee with cocoa, sweetener, and creamer. Two fish oil capsules, vitamin, DHEA tablet, Joint Care and Resvinatrol (antioxidants).

Snack: 2 Walnuts, 8 blueberries

Lunch: Grilled chicken thigh and drumstick, grilled vegetables, red beans topped off with cup of pico de gallo and cilantro. Diet coke to drink. I ate at Charro Chicken. If you have one in your neighborhood you should try it.

Went to the doctor and scheduled a physical including an EKG, thyroid and diabetes test. My father, 4 uncles and my Grandfather had Type 2 diabetes so there is a high risk that I will develop it if I don't get the weight off and keep exercising. They never exercised.

Dinner: Ham (6oz), navy beans (1 cup), and collard greens. The canned collard greens that I bought and ate last week were nothing to brag about - they tasted like canned collard greens. My wife bought some "Old Glory" collard greens and they taste almost as good as fresh. I prefer collard greens over turnip greens though I like both.

Exercise: Walked/Jogged 2.33 miles in 36 min. 43 sec. Average Heart Rate was 126 bpm and Max HR was 158 bpm.

This is one of my short courses. The first part starts out downhill for 1/2 mile followed by a couple of up-down grades for the the next half mile. There is 40 yard downgrade after the mile mark. After that is the steepest upgrade of the course for about 50 yards followed by a gentle up grade for about 4/10 mile then a increased up grade for 40 yards. These up grades can really peak out your heart rate if you keep up your pace. The last part of the course is down grade for a good cool down. I do jog short distances during the cool off if I think my heart rate is falling too fast. I prefer these up down courses over a flat track or flat terrain which contains little grade.

No comments:

google-site-verification: google6c814d78054d23fc.html