Sunday, February 1, 2009

Entry 2/1/09

Weight: 235 lbs. Weighed 237 yesterday. Most of the loss is due to hydration level- the day before and today. I walked 1.8 miles yesterday. Exercise flushes out a lot of toxins. Even though I drink a lot of water before during and after I exercise, between the sweat and urine a lot of water comes out of cells and is lost.

Breakfast: Hard boiled egg, slice of wheat toast, coffee with cocoa, creamer and sweetener. 3 walnuts, fish oil capsule.

Lunch: Boston Market 5 oz. turkey breast, cream spinach, green beans, water with lemon. Turkey is a good source of Tryptophan the protein building block of Serotonin. Serotonin gives us a sense of well being and reduces susceptibility to depression. I try to eat it a lot. I find it helps with "emotional eating" - eating to make one feel better... it is a subconscious thing. Their serving of creamed spinach contains 280 calories...that's a lot for a vegetable..but it tastes good... I could do worse.

2 comments:

Daisy said...

So far so good. And I didn't know about that turkey thing. I should eat turkey more often.

Btw, look out in a couple of days. I have a little surprise for you over at my blog. *cheers*

Anonymous said...

Have you tried Usana Nutritional supplements? They are one of the best out there....Don't waste your money on other junk....

google-site-verification: google6c814d78054d23fc.html