Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Entry 2/11/09

Weight: 235.5 Lbs

Breakfast: Scrambled eggs, slice of whole wheat toast, cup of coffee with creamer, sweetener, cocoa. Breakfast is usually the only time I eat bread.

While I'm not on a low carb "diet" I've learned that I can't consume a lot of carbs and keep off the weight. We need to eat something from each food group each day. I try to consume most of my carbs in the morning. Eating simple carbs will cause a rapid increase in blood sugar levels which in turn causes insulin spikes. Excess insulin promotes fat storage and this is something you want to avoid. It’s important that when eating carbohydrates they are of the complex kind like whole wheat.



Lunch: Chicken breast sandwich, 6 oz skim milk.

Dinner: Taco Bueno taco salad. Diet coke. It's close to office and I was in a rush ....losing weight has to be high priority for me to be effective.. It has been slipping in priority for me...a bad habit. At times like this it's good to think about the "better bad choices" eating.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Best wishes for your weight loss plan! And thank you so much for stopping by, and your kind words on my blog. Cheers!

google-site-verification: google6c814d78054d23fc.html