Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Entry 2/10/09

Weight: 235.5 lbs It's just so hard for me to lose now without exercising. It's not that I can't. It's just that I'm not motivated enough to eat like I should to compensate for inactivity. Exercise in addition to burning extra calories produces the chemical condition, physically and mentally, that helps us eat right to lose.

I just found out that a High School Classmate of mine is the head of Physical Education at Auburn University-Montgomery. I'll have to buy some of his DVD's. Here is his bio:

Henry N. Williford, Ph.D., FACSM, is the head of the Department of Foundations, Secondary, and Physical Education at Auburn University-Montgomery. A faculty member at Auburn since 1982, Dr. Williford has been designated as a distinguished research professor by his institution. His active professional involvement includes serving as a reviewer for the Medicine and Science in Sports and Exercise editorial board, The Journal of Sports Medicine and Physical Fitness, and ACSM뭆 Health and Fitness Journal.

Atta boy Hank!

Breakfast: Two poached eggs (1 exploded..need to tweak the power a little), 2 slices of whole wheat with a hint of strawberry preserves and margarine...bet Hank would get on to me about the preserves and margarine. Cup of coffee with cocoa, creamer and sweetener. 2 fish oil capsules, vitamin, 1 DHEA Tablet.

Snack: 3 waluts

Lunch: Grilled Chicken salad at Country Burger. Diet coke. Haven't been to CB in a while. I missed seeing my little friend Gordon who works there. He went to school with my son-in-law. My son-in-law took up time with Gordon in school so Gordon really liked him. Gordon is a swimmer in the Special Olympics. He's trying to raise money to go to Greece to be in the SO games there.He wasn't his cheerful self today...his mom is back in the hospital with heart troubled. I managed to get a smile out of him before I had to leave. Hadn't been to CB in while...wanted to go by and see Gordon today...wonderful how God moves us.

Dinner: Double cheese burger at Wendy's ....Diet coke. Lot on my mind ....I'll eat better tomorrow.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Looks like you're on the right path with your diet. Just a matter of time before you're completely fit.

Anonymous said...

Wishing you luck on your journey to good health and weight control. It is not easy - hang in there - lots of us are on the same journey.

google-site-verification: google6c814d78054d23fc.html