Wednesday, October 1, 2008

This morning I weighed 218.5 pounds. That means that I'm still 7.5 lbs above the 211 pounds that is considered obese for my height. I need to get down to 211 to be considered just overweight. Having said this I don't believe these numbers. I train with weights and walk on alternate days. I usually do some form of moderate to heavy exercise 4-5 times a week. This builds muscle and muscle is heavier than fat for a given volume. I have trained at some level all my life. I also have large bones. I'm not sure what is considered an "ideal" weight for me. However, I know it is NOT the published 178 lbs!

Today I walked 4.85 miles at an average speed of 3.8 mph (fast walk) and max speed of 4.8 mph (slow jog) and I burned an extra 494 calories according to my Garmin Forerunner 405.

My weight yesterday at the same time of day (8:00 am) was 216.5 lbs. The day before it was 216. Yesterday, I trained with weights for 1 hr. at a moderate level. I've learned not to be too emotional about these flucuations. I contibute most of it to flucuations in hydration levels and the varying size of meals the day before.

There is more I want to include in this first post but its late and I'm tired. I'll share more of my own experience and knowledge later.

No comments:

google-site-verification: google6c814d78054d23fc.html