Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Exercise for today

Had a 1 hour workout with weights today. Worked out at a moderate level. For me that means 5-10 pounds less weight on every muscle group than I normally work out with. I wear a heart rate monitor and during a moderate workout I move from one exercise to another as soon as my heart rate goes down to 105, which is 65 % of my maximum heart rate of 160 beats minute. I worked my legs on a moderate to heavy level because they are large muscles. Muscle is the calorie burning engine of the body. Along with the brain they burn 99% of your calories. More muscle mass burns more calories even while you are inactive or sleeping.

The facility where I work out has all their equipment linked to a computer. It keeps a complete record of your workout. It even emails a weekly report. Pretty neat! More about it some other time.

No comments:

google-site-verification: google6c814d78054d23fc.html