Friday, October 10, 2008

Entry 10/10/08

Weight:

219 at 8:15 AM. That puts me .63 lbs over my 2nd revised target for today.

I weigh every morning close to the same time , wearing only my under clothes and after urinating. I do this too keep things as constant as possible. I'm kinda of anal that way. If you are easily discouraged, it might be better for you to weigh once a week to allow time for enough weight loss to show you are making progress. If you don't have a problem staying motivated, weigh every day so you can make adjustments if you get too far off target. You may need to adjust your diet or increase your physical activity to get back on track. Adjusting your diet could mean you're not eating enough. Take the time to closely track your food intake. Eating less than 1200 if you are female or 1800 calories if you are male may be causing your metabolism to slow down. Eating a little more could kick it back up and actually cause you to lose faster.

It could mean that you are not eating the right foods or not accounting for all your calories. Go to www.mypyramid.gov - it is a good place to analyze your diet. I trust the low carb method to lose weight so I eat less carbs than they recommend for me.

Meals:

Breakfast: A cup of Cheerios with non-fat milk, coffe with creamer, Splenda. and 1 tsp of cocoa. ( I am doing some further research on cocoa, I may not be using the right brand to take full advantage of its benefits.), 1 oz Resvinatrol ( and excellent antioxidant), 1 oz Joint care, 1 fish oil capsule, ! DHEA tablet, 1 Folic acid, 1 Centrum Silver. 2 walnuts

Snack: tsp peanut butter, 4 oz skim milk

Lunch: 4 oz of baked fish, spinach, green beans, mixed salad with extra tomatoes with ranch dressing, 3 oz salsa and iced tea with sweet n low.

Snack: tsp peanut butter, tsp cocoa before going on evening walk . Cocoa dilates the blood vessels.

Dinner: 5 yr old Granddaugher wanted eggs and pancakes so Papa and MeMe took her to IHop. I had a omelate with sausage extra cheese and salsa. Decaffinated coffee with cream and Splenda.

Too many eggs today but it was a better bad choice. I'm not going to eat Cheerios anymore. I was under a misconception about their Glycemic Index. I thought it was below 55 but they are actually 74. I discuss Glycemic Index in the future.

Exercise:

Walked/jogged- 5.39 miles in 1hr 25 min. at avg. speed of 3.8 mph, max. speed of 5.1 mph , avg. heart rate of 121 bpm, max. heart rate of 155 bpm and burned 577 calories. This is all according to my Garmin Forerunner 405. Was going to walk 6 miles but it was dark and I was walking most of the time along the wooded trails with a flashlight. I think Sasquatch was trailing me part of the time. I'm not as concerned about him as I am the tree roots and limbs. They slow the pace down a bit.

No comments:

google-site-verification: google6c814d78054d23fc.html