Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Entry 10/14/08

Weight:

217.5 lbs. This is at my 2nd revised goal for this date. Read earlier entries for a discussion of "2nd revised goal". I'm at a plateau and need to consider a strategy for getting through it. One I have used in the past is to vary my calorie intake widely. The idea is to alternately speed up the metabolism with extra calories then cut back on the calories below normal in the hope that your body will burn more fat than normal. This has worked in the past but I was younger then. I'm not sure how it would work now. I'm going to hold off doing anything like that for about 3 days and then evaluate where I'm at. I work at a desk most of the day and I am going to make an effort to get up approximately every 30 minutes and take a 5 min walk. Not only will it burn calories but it may kick up my metabolism a bit. I'll try that for a few days.
Click to enlarge

If you would like to graph your own goals and track your weight leave me a comment.







Meals:

Breakfast - Boiled egg, slice of whole wheat toast; coffee with creamer and Splenda and cocoa, 3 walnuts, 10z Resvinatrol (antioxidant), 1 oz of Joint Care(collagen, MSM, chondroitin, and glucosamine), DHEA tablet, 1 fish oil capsule, Centrum Silver Vitamin with minerals.

I am in the habit of eating much the same thing for breakfast. It's mainly a habit. I have always associated breakfast with eggs, usually fried or scrambled. They are also convenient. I should have eaten oatmeal this morning but I didn't want to take the time for it to cook. I don't like instant. I wake up hungry so quick is good. To break through this plateau, it may help vary the food I eat. I intend to make a list of some of the lowest glycemic index foods today that I don't normally eat and substitute them.

Snack- Grapefruit (glycemic index of 25) 6 oz. Skim Milk

Lunch-Boston Market 5 oz. of roasted turkey, green beans, macaroni and cheese. Diet lemonade to drink

Snack-Pear (glycemic index of 38)

Dinner-Long John Silver 2 piece fish and cole slaw. Diet Pepsi

Snack- tspn of peanut butter

No comments:

google-site-verification: google6c814d78054d23fc.html