Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Menu for Today

Breakfast: Bowl of Cheerios with non-fat milk, Coffee with creamer, Splenda and teaspoon of Hersey's Cocoa, 2 walnuts, 2oz. of wine. We all know that red wine is a good source of antioxidants but there is mounting evidence that alcohol in moderation has healthy benefits.

Lunch: Grilled chicken (dark), grilled vegetables, beans and Diet Coke.

Teaspoon of Hersey's Cocoa by itself before workout. (I've gotten use to the taste and kinda like it). Cocoa creates nitrous oxide which dilates blood vessels. It reduces blood pressure about 10 pts. on average.

Dinner: Turkey sandwich on whole grain bread with mayonnaise and slice of cheddar.

Snacking on walnuts
Cup of green tea

Not a good day on the nutrition side. Was very hungry when I woke and I was tired of my usual 2 eggs and slice of whole grain toast. Did not get my fruit for the day. Had planned to eat grapefruit 30 minutes after breakfast but didn't. Had planned on skinless chicken breast for dinner with some stir fried veggies but I came in late from working out and didn't want to push the meal any closer to bedtime. I try to have very little carbs after lunch. Consumed too many carbs for me today.

I take two ounces of a product called Resvinatrol every morning. They claim 2 oz. has antioxidants equivalent to 126 glasses of wine. It contains Resveratrol, Quercetrin and Ellagic Acid - all key antioxidants.

No comments:

google-site-verification: google6c814d78054d23fc.html