Monday, October 13, 2008

Entry 10/13/08

Weight:

217.5 lbs. I am .24 lbs. UNDER my 2nd revised goal line for today . Yipeee first time I have been under my goal! But I think at least .5 lb of that could be water. I drink a lot of water before during and after exercise, but for whatever reason I drop approximately 1 lb in weight after a day of heavy exercise. One pound is 3500 calories. My calorie deficit yesterday was 1300 calories. The most logical explanation is the difference in hydration. That is one of the pitfalls people fall into when they don't take the time to learn the factors behind their weight gain/loss. They see fluctuations like this and they think "Hey I lost a lot of weight today, maybe I can have a doughnut" or either see a jump in weight and think "what's the use of putting myself through this, I can't lose any weight".

If you weigh everyday don't be surprised if you see 1-2 lb fluctuations. Try to drink a minimum of 64 oz. of water spread evenly throughout the day. Not only does it cleanse your body it will help to minimize the part that hydration contributes to the daily variance. The main thing to focus on is where you are compared to a week ago on the same day.

Meals:

Breakfast - Boiled egg, slice of whole wheat toast; coffee with creamer and Splenda and cocoa, 3 walnuts, 10z Resvinatrol (antioxidant), 1 oz of Joint Care(collagen, MSM, chondroitin, and glucosamine), Dhea tablet, 1 fish oil capsule, Centrum Silver Vitamin with minerals.

Snack: Grapefruit

Lunch: Grilled chicken thigh and drumstick with the skin (took most of the skin off) pinto beans and grilled vegatables (yellow squash, zucchini, onions and peppers). Had a diet coke to drink with lime and lemon.

Snack: Had an apple divided throughout the afternoon

Dinner: Baked salmon (6oz.) and 1 cup of green beans with spices and a little olive oil. Water to drink.

Snack: 6 oz of skim milk, tspn of peanut butter.

Exercise:

Walked/ jogged 6 miles. I forgot to charge my Forerunner 405 so I didn't get my readings for the entire workout. For the period it recorded my avg. speed was 3.9 mph, max. speed 4.8 mph, avg. heart rate 111 bpm and max. heart rate of 125 bpm. I felt tired tonight- like the glycogen level in my muscles was low.
Publish Post

No comments:

google-site-verification: google6c814d78054d23fc.html